Summertime is coming in HOT. The days are longer, the weather warmer, and the shorts are well, shorter. Staying stylish in the blistering summer sun can be a challenge- and unless you’re a lifeguard wearing a bikini everyday is just not an option. Luckily, the Shopbop stylists are here to show us how we can add dashes of denim to our summer wardrobe to stay edgy and cool; as in your temperature and attitude
1. Moto Details: Nothing says Summer like a denim jacket with the sleeves chopped off. Throw it on over a crop top for an edgy, Rhianna-inspired look.
2. Statement Stripes: In case you missed our blog post- the black and white trend is huge right now. A simple and stylish way to incorporate this color combo into your wardrobe? A pair of striped skinnies as inspired by Beetlejuice.
3. Well-Loved Cutoffs: We have every intention of living in our denim cut-offs this summer. Go for a pair of stone-washed shorts with a looser fit for an easy and effortless look.
4. Muted Pastels: Summer is the time to bust out some candy-colored bottoms. Peach, pink, mint, and baby blue bottoms look fab paired with a simple white tank and statement sunnies.
5. Retro Washes: In case you missed our other blog post- the 90’s are also totally in right now. And nothing says 90’s like acid-washed denim.
6. Graphic Elements: Don’t be afraid to experiment with the wonderful and wacky world of graphic denim! Union jacks, ikat, tie-dye, and floral prints will add a striking visual element to your look.
7. Patched Up: Feeling flirty? Here’s a fun and femme style tip: Tie that button-up around your waist to show off your curves and give your ensemble a retro feel.
8. Complete Destruction: Rips, tears, and shreds make a serious style statement. Whether you DIY it or purchase a pre-destroyed pair of denim, this grunge-inspired trends feels so fresh. (Plus, gives you some extra ventilation on extra-hot days!)